One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The moment of comfortable noiselessness was then shattered.’
- ‘The noiselessness was broken momentarily by a set of footsteps, rustling the snow-crusted leaves.’
- ‘The ranks snapped to attention before the princes with a silence that gave the effect not of noiselessness but of waiting, of repressing, a great noise to come.’
- ‘The whole work was played without a break, and took two and a half hours, yet there was no suspicion of monotony, while the quickness and noiselessness with which the elaborate set scenes were changed was little short of marvellous.’
- ‘The sense of noiselessness and calm were eerie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.