One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The level of noise produced by something, especially when this is harmful or annoying.‘as a high-speed rail train passes, the noise level will reach 100 decibels’
- ‘Noise levels are low, making the car relaxing to drive.’
- ‘There is a definite difference in noise levels between the three settings.’
- ‘They had received a complaint about the noise level and came out to investigate it.’
- ‘Club bosses have already turned the volume down and assured residents they would monitor noise levels.’
- ‘The noise level must have been deafening.’
- ‘The children's excitement made it difficult for their teachers to keep the noise levels down.’
- ‘Assessors have come round to measure our noise level with decibel meters.’
- ‘Noise levels increase proportionately with increasing fan speeds.’
- ‘Noise levels around work stations are kept relatively low.’
- ‘Some adults might find the noise levels too much.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.