Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
What is more; moreover.‘the picture would be ready in three minutes and for free nogal’
- ‘The most sneaky of all sneaks, and we found him, in Jo'burg nogal!’
- ‘In addition, paintball markers make an unmistakeable racket and any ‘gang of paintball-gun-wielding vandals’ would immediately draw attention to themselves if they opened fire on someone's suburban property - twice in 24 hours, nogal.’
- ‘A week is a short time in rugby especially when you're about to come up against what must currently be the top two nations… and on on their home turf nogal.’
- ‘But I'm sure, for the sake of good traffic flow, that a large bus, with trailer nogal, should rather do business in a quieter part of the city.’
- ‘Sometimes I actually felt sorry for our president, having to sit there in the sweltering heat listening to speaker after speaker telling him - at great length, nogal - what a thieving bunch of folk he has working for him and the country.’
- ‘Look at the ‘squatter’ camps which have sprung up in the country since 1994, and notice a few pertinent points: who are these so-called ‘squatters’ (in the land of their forebears and birth, nogal!)’
Afrikaans, literally fairly, rather.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.