Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An involuntary ejaculation of semen during sleep.
- ‘It is normal also to not have them or to not realize you are having the nocturnal emission because the semen may dry before you wake up.’
- ‘The Indian researchers found that many of the main sexual concerns of south Asian males are focused on semen loss-from masturbation, nocturnal emissions and other causes.’
- ‘I mean, you know, I remember when I was a kid being deathly afraid when I got to be 12 or 13 of what they called ‘a nocturnal emission.’’
- ‘In point of fact, though, we no longer believe that monks who have nocturnal emissions are victims of demonic succubae, nor are they morally culpable; yet this was a common belief once.’
- ‘Dad lights up his pipe and starts talking about nocturnal emissions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.