One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
integrity, principle, honour, honourableness, morals, morality, uprightness, right-mindedness, decency, goodness, honesty, righteousness, rectitude, probity, virtue, nobility, scrupulousness, incorruptibilityView synonyms
- ‘It brought out the very best in people: altruism, tolerance, noble-mindedness, and openness to others.’
- ‘His goal was always the cultivation of a high-flown noble-mindedness after the pattern of Ancient Rome.’
- ‘In Japan, children from the age of three or four, using tiny violins, develop high sensibility and noble-mindedness through the music of Bach and Mozart.’
- ‘Critics have often been content to interpret this scene as evidence of Hartmut's noble-mindedness that will not permit him to do anything dishonourable.’
- ‘They are expected to set examples of noble-mindedness, and therefore money should not be the key element from which they derive confidence and motivation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.