One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
integrity, principle, honour, honourableness, morals, morality, uprightness, right-mindedness, decency, goodness, honesty, righteousness, rectitude, probity, virtue, nobility, scrupulousness, incorruptibilityView synonyms
- ‘His goal was always the cultivation of a high-flown noble-mindedness after the pattern of Ancient Rome.’
- ‘It brought out the very best in people: altruism, tolerance, noble-mindedness, and openness to others.’
- ‘In Japan, children from the age of three or four, using tiny violins, develop high sensibility and noble-mindedness through the music of Bach and Mozart.’
- ‘They are expected to set examples of noble-mindedness, and therefore money should not be the key element from which they derive confidence and motivation.’
- ‘Critics have often been content to interpret this scene as evidence of Hartmut's noble-mindedness that will not permit him to do anything dishonourable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.