Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
No possibility of.‘there is no question of the fight not going ahead’
- ‘Mr Devlin insists the public's concerns have been taken on board and that there is no question of overlooking them.’
- ‘It is evident that there is no question of whether he will do this, only about how long it will take.’
- ‘They need, too, to be protected from exploitation, but there was no question of that in this case.’
- ‘Given the huge success of the original operation, there was no question of phasing out the dotcom offerings.’
- ‘We know that, for the time being, there is no question of our vote having any effect on the direction that Europe takes.’
- ‘So, once again there is no question of when the expansion took place, it is an eternal reality.’
- ‘While the St Peter's Way camera was already yellow, there was no question of moving it - so the sign had to go.’
- ‘We were all taken back by the ease of it all, the fact that there was no question of not paying the tax.’
- ‘They were playing like men possessed and there was no question of this Charlton side being intimidated by United.’
- ‘There was no question of Eriksson walking out on England before or during the European championship finals.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.