One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express that one has decided to stop being considerate of others and instead act exclusively in one's own self-interest.‘no longer will they be allowed to return us to this sorry pass, because there's no more Mr Nice Guy’
- ‘Now that they have spoken, it would not be surprising if he has decided "no more Mr Nice Guy."’
- ‘No more Mr Nice Guy; he tells his people that he will no longer be "soft" on his critics.’
- ‘Put simply, there is no more Mr Nice Guy at the bank.’
- ‘He is determined to prove there is "no more Mr Nice Guy" as he gets tough following a disastrous World Cup.’
- ‘The outline of my position is no more Mr Nice Guy, we're going to return to the real world, and if you don't want that, vote for the other guy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.