One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not even the greatest possible amount of.‘no amount of talk is going to change anything’
- ‘His government is not trusted, and no amount of socially caring speeches can change that.’
- ‘No amount of hoping, no amount of wishing or praying, could bring my mother back to me.’
- ‘For true believers, though, no amount of evidence will ever be enough.’
- ‘No amount of books, no amount of personal testimonial is going to change that.’
- ‘For pity is not a word to them, no amount of pleading can save you and no amount of money can buy your life.’
- ‘No amount of coercion; no amount of force is going to keep us out of the water.’
- ‘After all was said and done, I came to realize that no amount of money could force me to teach a child as unwilling as he was.’
- ‘But no amount of reading or looking at pictures can prepare us for the real thing.’
- ‘The old rules have broken down, and no amount of hand wringing can bring them back.’
- ‘In the end, no amount of criticism could dampen the spirits of Europe's new soccer champions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.