One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game in which a pitcher yields no hits to the opposing team.
- ‘I can't imagine what a pitcher is thinking in the eighth and ninth inning of a no-hitter.’
- ‘Still, most catchers feel compelled to observe the unwritten rule about not talking to a pitcher when he has a no-hitter or perfect game working.’
- ‘After all, only once in baseball history have two no-hitters been thrown in the same park on back-to-back days.’
- ‘He's one of four pitchers to throw two no-hitters in a single season, and at age 86, Virgil Trucks still receives stacks of fan mail requesting autographed photos and baseballs.’
- ‘People think that a pitcher who throws a no-hitter totally dominates the game, but that isn't always true.’
- ‘In a local high school game several years ago, a pitcher lost a no-hitter because of that scoring rule.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.