Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Natural killer cell.
- ‘Some nonclassical MHC molecules function as a ligand to a natural killer cell receptor (NK receptor) and send a signal to prevent the cell lysis by the NK cell.’
- ‘The mushrooms also prevented a significant depression in lymphocyte and NK cell activity.’
- ‘When the receptor bound to CD19 on leukemic cells, it set off a reaction that super-charged the killing activity of the NK cell.’
- ‘In 1972, I discovered what is now called the NK cell.’
- ‘Predilection for extranodal sites and absence of the Epstein-Barr virus associated with mature NK cell malignancies further distinguish this entity.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.