One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An oily liquid which is used as a solvent and as rocket fuel.
Chemical formula: CH₃NO₂
- ‘The fuel I used is 15% nitromethane which cost AUD $14.50 for a 1 litre bottle.’
- ‘This mixture was refluxed in nitromethane overnight and converted primarily to the all-trans isomer.’
- ‘The titrations were done in 10 mM increments, up to a final concentration of 100 mM nitromethane.’
- ‘To be eligible for competition, fuel teams must use nitromethane from one of the accepted suppliers.’
- ‘Clearly, the binding to DNA effectively shields the chromophores from quenching by nitromethane, consistent with an intimate association of the compounds with the nucleic acid.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.