One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A reddish-brown poisonous gas formed when many metals dissolve in nitric acid.
- ‘Levels of nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulphur dioxide remained at a normally low level.’
- ‘Free radicals such as nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide show weak attractions toward magnetic fields - they are called paramagnetic.’
- ‘Increases in ozone, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide are blamed primarily on the motorist.’
- ‘In these reactions the ozone reacts with nitric oxide to produce nitrogen dioxide.’
- ‘Nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide were chemically assayed as nitrite from sorbent tubes by using spectrophotometry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.