One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Cultivation generally increases net nitrification through liming, aeration, enhanced ammonium levels, and lower immobilization.’
- ‘A dynamic model takes into consideration rapid chemical reactions, eg chemical weathering, nutrient uptake and nitrification.’
- ‘Current research has shown an increase in soil acidification through anthropogenic effects including acid precipitation and nitrification of ammoniacal fertilizers.’
- ‘Other reactions unique to life, except at extremely high temperatures and pressures, include nitrogen fixation, nitrification and denitrification, sulphate and sulphur reduction, and methane formation.’
- ‘Oxygen production by benthic microalgae enhanced rates of, and coupling between, nitrification and denitrification when ammonium was not limiting, resulting in significant loss of nitrogen from sediments as dinitrogen gas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.