Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for nitrogen monoxide
- ‘Both nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide can be toxic at higher concentrations.’
- ‘He isolated around twenty different airs, including hydrogen chloride, nitric oxide, and ammonia.’
- ‘In these reactions the ozone reacts with nitric oxide to produce nitrogen dioxide.’
- ‘Also, nitric oxide synthase will produce superoxide in lieu of nitric oxide when arginine concentration is low.’
- ‘Levels of nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulphur dioxide remained at a normally low level.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.