Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for nitrogen monoxide
- ‘Also, nitric oxide synthase will produce superoxide in lieu of nitric oxide when arginine concentration is low.’
- ‘Both nitric oxide and nitrogen dioxide can be toxic at higher concentrations.’
- ‘In these reactions the ozone reacts with nitric oxide to produce nitrogen dioxide.’
- ‘He isolated around twenty different airs, including hydrogen chloride, nitric oxide, and ammonia.’
- ‘Levels of nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide and sulphur dioxide remained at a normally low level.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.