One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adverb & adjective
- ‘If the church in America had experienced a ninetyfold increase in the past five decades (1950-87 million ‘church members’), we should have over seven billion people in church on Sunday morning!’
- ‘That way, you can tell at a glance that Coke's shares haven't fallen from $72 to $50 since 1970, but instead have risen from the equivalent of 55 cents to $50-a ninetyfold increase.’
- ‘Every situation is different, but we do know that Jesus will act like the sun, shining on our work and making it grow and bear fruit-perhaps even thirty or sixty or ninetyfold.’
- ‘It was not, however, anywhere near the official statistic which claimed a ninetyfold increase in this period.’
- ‘When the company enters the spot market to purchase the energy supply needed, it learns that the price of energy has increased significantly-almost ninetyfold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.