One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being nimble.‘he is not noted for his nimbleness’
agility, litheness, sprightliness, light-footedness, nimble-footedness, lightness, spryness, liveliness, activeness, quickness, smartnessView synonyms
- ‘We're having to behave with the nimbleness of a business start-up and that's a challenge for a large organisation which has 39,900 worldwide employees.’
- ‘It may be that they are just envious of our arboreal and hunting skills, our nimbleness and adaptability, and our ability to see in the dark.’
- ‘The immediacy of radio, and its nimbleness in updating stories, was once what gave it a huge advantage over print - an advantage that, of course, the new media have captured.’
- ‘For land transportation the nimbleness and lightning acceleration of the shopping-bike was decided upon unanimously.’
- ‘Written more than 2,600 years ago, the 101 words of verse deal with a theme timeless in both art and soap operas; the stirrings of an ageing body towards the nimbleness, youth and love it once knew.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.