One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or showing an ability to think or respond quickly and effectively.
clever, bright, intelligent, sharp, sharp-witted, quick-witted, shrewd, astute, acute, apt, ableView synonyms
- ‘Nimble-witted Brendan (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) finds the corpse of his ex-girlfriend Emily (Emilie de Ravin) just two days after she had sent him a cry for help.’
- ‘The nimble-witted scholar has little patience for her daughter, Clara.’
- ‘When we first meet Jennet she's a nimble-witted 11-year-old girl studying natural philosophy with her scientifically inclined Aunt Isobel.’
- ‘The lines had been composed by the most nimble-witted of the great professors of medicine of that time, William Bean.’
- ‘A nimble-witted person can view a subject from a multitude of angles, often shifting perspective with bewildering rapidity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.