One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large heavily built African lizard that has greyish-olive skin with yellow markings and is semiaquatic.
- ‘One of the biggest monitor lizards is Varanus niloticus, the Nile monitor, which may measure 2 m in length.’
- ‘Four species of monitors are found in Africa and the Nile monitor is Africa's largest lizard.’
- ‘He said there has been only one comprehensive study of Nile monitors done in their native Africa.’
- ‘With a lot of patience, frequent handling, and a well stocked first aid kit, Nile monitors can be tamed.’
- ‘The natural history of the Nile monitor has been summarized by a variety of authors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.