Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Rejecting all religious and moral principles in the belief that life is meaningless.‘an embittered, nihilistic teenager’
- ‘He's massively articulate and frighteningly nihilistic.’
- ‘To defeat democracy, he has pursued a relentless, nihilistic bloodbath.’
- ‘Although considering how nihilistic these guys are, the result might simply be violence and chaos on an even grander scale.’
- ‘His nihilistic view of human existence was the very starting point in his lifelong struggle to confront the universe face-to-face.’
- ‘I've got to say I've never agreed with a word he's said, although I concede that he's funny, if you're a certain type of nihilistic cynic.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.