One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small low bedside table, typically having drawers.
- ‘Haley stood up and took her by the upper arm and over to the desk chair near the nightstand.’
- ‘She opened the drawer in her nightstand and quickly pulled out a small pistol.’
- ‘He sits down on the edge of the mattress and opens a drawer in the night table, taking an envelope out.’
- ‘He slammed his coffee down on the nightstand and turned to face her, staring at her eyes.’
- ‘She started with the drawer in the night table and found a few notes written between two people.’
- ‘I walked over to my bed and opened a drawer in the small night table next to it, looking for a gun.’
- ‘It was of average size with an unmade bed sitting in one corner, a night table, two dressers, a bureau, a desk, a small TV, and a lot of posters on the wall.’
- ‘Not being able to see in the dark, she turned on a small lamp there on a nightstand near the bedside.’
- ‘He dug into his nightstand drawer, and pulled out a string of beads with a cross on it.’
- ‘She wrinkled her nose in distaste as she placed her toiletries onto the night table.’
- ‘Placed directly next to the cot was a night table.’
- ‘In a household with children or grandchildren, kitchen drawers and nightstands aren't ideal, either.’
- ‘Hastily, Cecilia put the crucifix back in the box and in the drawer on her nightstand.’
- ‘She placed it back on her nightstand, and then pulled out the drawer from the small table.’
- ‘In one of the drawers of my nightstand is the gift which Miss Elving so kindly bestowed upon me.’
- ‘There are similar pictures in living rooms, on desks and even on nightstands throughout the world.’
- ‘Maple wood is used extensively for the room furnishings (armoire, nightstands, headboard and dressing table) as well as the crown molding in each ceiling.’
- ‘He shoves his hand into the drawer of the nightstand and flings a pack of Advil at me.’
- ‘Leaving it on the bed, she dug around in the drawer of her nightstand for a pad of paper.’
- ‘Finally, I break away and lay back on the bed, extending my hand to the night table, fumbling to open the drawer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.