One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small low bedside table, typically having drawers.
- ‘I walked over to my bed and opened a drawer in the small night table next to it, looking for a gun.’
- ‘She opened the drawer in her nightstand and quickly pulled out a small pistol.’
- ‘Hastily, Cecilia put the crucifix back in the box and in the drawer on her nightstand.’
- ‘Not being able to see in the dark, she turned on a small lamp there on a nightstand near the bedside.’
- ‘In one of the drawers of my nightstand is the gift which Miss Elving so kindly bestowed upon me.’
- ‘She wrinkled her nose in distaste as she placed her toiletries onto the night table.’
- ‘In a household with children or grandchildren, kitchen drawers and nightstands aren't ideal, either.’
- ‘He slammed his coffee down on the nightstand and turned to face her, staring at her eyes.’
- ‘Finally, I break away and lay back on the bed, extending my hand to the night table, fumbling to open the drawer.’
- ‘He dug into his nightstand drawer, and pulled out a string of beads with a cross on it.’
- ‘It was of average size with an unmade bed sitting in one corner, a night table, two dressers, a bureau, a desk, a small TV, and a lot of posters on the wall.’
- ‘Maple wood is used extensively for the room furnishings (armoire, nightstands, headboard and dressing table) as well as the crown molding in each ceiling.’
- ‘He shoves his hand into the drawer of the nightstand and flings a pack of Advil at me.’
- ‘She started with the drawer in the night table and found a few notes written between two people.’
- ‘Placed directly next to the cot was a night table.’
- ‘Leaving it on the bed, she dug around in the drawer of her nightstand for a pad of paper.’
- ‘There are similar pictures in living rooms, on desks and even on nightstands throughout the world.’
- ‘She placed it back on her nightstand, and then pulled out the drawer from the small table.’
- ‘Haley stood up and took her by the upper arm and over to the desk chair near the nightstand.’
- ‘He sits down on the edge of the mattress and opens a drawer in the night table, taking an envelope out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.