One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small low bedside table, typically having drawers.
- ‘She wrinkled her nose in distaste as she placed her toiletries onto the night table.’
- ‘Not being able to see in the dark, she turned on a small lamp there on a nightstand near the bedside.’
- ‘Finally, I break away and lay back on the bed, extending my hand to the night table, fumbling to open the drawer.’
- ‘She started with the drawer in the night table and found a few notes written between two people.’
- ‘Placed directly next to the cot was a night table.’
- ‘It was of average size with an unmade bed sitting in one corner, a night table, two dressers, a bureau, a desk, a small TV, and a lot of posters on the wall.’
- ‘There are similar pictures in living rooms, on desks and even on nightstands throughout the world.’
- ‘Maple wood is used extensively for the room furnishings (armoire, nightstands, headboard and dressing table) as well as the crown molding in each ceiling.’
- ‘He sits down on the edge of the mattress and opens a drawer in the night table, taking an envelope out.’
- ‘I walked over to my bed and opened a drawer in the small night table next to it, looking for a gun.’
- ‘Leaving it on the bed, she dug around in the drawer of her nightstand for a pad of paper.’
- ‘In one of the drawers of my nightstand is the gift which Miss Elving so kindly bestowed upon me.’
- ‘In a household with children or grandchildren, kitchen drawers and nightstands aren't ideal, either.’
- ‘He slammed his coffee down on the nightstand and turned to face her, staring at her eyes.’
- ‘She placed it back on her nightstand, and then pulled out the drawer from the small table.’
- ‘He dug into his nightstand drawer, and pulled out a string of beads with a cross on it.’
- ‘He shoves his hand into the drawer of the nightstand and flings a pack of Advil at me.’
- ‘She opened the drawer in her nightstand and quickly pulled out a small pistol.’
- ‘Haley stood up and took her by the upper arm and over to the desk chair near the nightstand.’
- ‘Hastily, Cecilia put the crucifix back in the box and in the drawer on her nightstand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.