One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most nightmarishly, some worried that governments could one day use brain implants to monitor and perhaps even control citizens' behavior.’
- ‘It is certainly much less nightmarishly violent than his previous mainstream novels, in which animals and people are often horrifically tortured.’
- ‘Of those entitled to claim the pensions credit, 1.7 million failed to do so because it is ‘so nightmarishly complicated’.’
- ‘We had shot seven wasteful wides to a solitary one from the hosts in that half, and of course the concession of those nightmarishly soft brace of goals compounded what had become a very difficult situation.’
- ‘If you use the same room that you use for nightmarishly boring status meetings, don't expect people to be stimulated by the surroundings.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.