One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hotel porter who is on duty during the night.‘he went downstairs but could not find the night porter’
- ‘After a fantastic evening we walked to the car park to find the night porter, had scraped all the ice off our car's windscreen.’
- ‘Did you call for the night porter?’
- ‘A night porter came by and I told him that I had locked myself out of my room.’
- ‘He worked as a night porter in hotels, which no doubt gave him time to read.’
- ‘"When we got to the lift, he saw the night porter and took an envelope out of his pocket," Albert recalls.’
- ‘The hotel's former night porter was arrested.’
- ‘He complained to the night porter about noise downstairs.’
- ‘A night porter at the hotel claimed to have witnessed a violent altercation.’
- ‘Surely a hotel somewhere needs a night porter.’
- ‘They are said to have refused a night porter's request to be quiet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.