One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nurse who cares for patients during the night.‘at 2 a.m. the night nurse looked in’
- ‘The hospital was clean and the night nurse friendly.’
- ‘The night nurse is called in at the last minute to take over a shift at a prison hospital.’
- ‘Five nuns worked as night nurses at the naval hospital.’
- ‘I was called by the night nurse on my ward at about 2am to see one of our patients.’
- ‘The night nurse always kept meticulous notes on her clipboard.’
- ‘The night nurse comes to give me a shot.’
- ‘Night nurses look after critically ill patients at home, allowing carers a break and an opportunity to catch some sleep.’
- ‘Did the night nurse come in last night?’
- ‘The elderly night nurse works a 12-hour shift.’
- ‘He was brought in last night, and the night nurse was told to find him temporary accommodation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.