One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nurse who cares for patients during the night.‘at 2 a.m. the night nurse looked in’
- ‘The night nurse comes to give me a shot.’
- ‘The night nurse is called in at the last minute to take over a shift at a prison hospital.’
- ‘Five nuns worked as night nurses at the naval hospital.’
- ‘The night nurse always kept meticulous notes on her clipboard.’
- ‘Did the night nurse come in last night?’
- ‘The hospital was clean and the night nurse friendly.’
- ‘Night nurses look after critically ill patients at home, allowing carers a break and an opportunity to catch some sleep.’
- ‘The elderly night nurse works a 12-hour shift.’
- ‘I was called by the night nurse on my ward at about 2am to see one of our patients.’
- ‘He was brought in last night, and the night nurse was told to find him temporary accommodation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.