One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for douroucouli
- ‘We saw squirrel monkeys, capuchins, spider monkeys, peccaries, kinkajous, coatis, howler monkeys, tayras - a large mustelid that Martyn thought was a tree otter - pacas, night monkeys, giant anteaters and a tapir.’
- ‘These two adaptations help the noisy night monkey steer clear of predators in the rainforest.’
- ‘Medical management of the diseases of night monkeys is complex and requires close veterinary supervision.’
- ‘The eyes of the night monkey lack the reflective layer behind the retina that most nocturnal mammals have.’
- ‘This type of activity pattern, which is termed cathemeral, has been reported outside Madagascar in only one other primate: Azara's night monkey in South America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.