One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Details, considerations, or pieces of information of little value or importance.‘do not worry about all this niff-naff’
- ‘He was disappointed at the "niff naff and trivia" being raised at the meeting.’
- ‘There are a probably a plethora of niff-naff details and laws, regulations, and procedures that could be examined.’
- ‘Lift up your eyes from the niff-naff about the campaign.’
- ‘The users get their knickers in a twist over trivia and niff-naff on the site.’
- ‘The rest is irrelevant niff naff you'd only doze through anyway.’
Early 19th century: of uncertain origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.