One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche or his ideas.‘the quest for self-determination leads to Nietzschean nihilism’
- ‘It illustrates the Nietzschean belief that art can give form and closure to the meaninglessness of existence.’
- ‘It seems to me that a Nietzschean view on enemy relations is about how you live with your enemies.’
- ‘The approach is self-consciously Nietzschean.’
- ‘His later novels were strongly influenced by Nietzschean ideas.’
- ‘He was the first Nietzschean head of state.’
A person who supports the theories of the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.‘he calls himself a kind of Nietzschean’
- ‘While I would not call myself a Nietzschean, there is little doubt that his style of philosophy has had a direct impact on my own way of thinking.’
- ‘Are you a Nietzschean?’
- ‘I didn't say philosophers should be systems builders; I'm too much of a Nietzschean for that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.