One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The other series is decorated in a finer scrolling pattern against a black nielloed ground.’
- ‘To encounter a nielloed article of such an early date would indeed be a discovery of importance, since, so far as we are aware, no one has proved the use of niello as a means of decoration before the second century A.D..’
- ‘The upper level comprises the numerals and dividing circles which are polished and nielloed.’
- ‘The nib is chased, nielloed and engraved with scrolls while the blade on the opposite side has a niello decoration with the word KAVKAZ in Cyrillic letters.’
- ‘The ornamentation of such objects was similar to that of the nielloed gold and silver ladles and cups produced at the Kremlin Armoury in the 16th to early 17th centuries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.