One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vitamin of the B complex which is widely distributed in foods such as milk, wheat germ, and meat, and can be synthesized in the body from tryptophan. Its deficiency causes pellagra.Also called niacin
- ‘Blood levels of pantothenic acid were significantly higher in CD patients, and there were no statistically significant differences in levels of vitamins B12 and C, nicotinic acid, and biotin.’
- ‘If indicated, nicotinic acid and fibric acid derivatives are the most efficacious in lowering triglyceride levels.’
- ‘Yet this protocol led to the discovery of a low molecular weight molecule that was determined to consist of nicotinic acid, glycine, glutamate, and a sulfur-containing amino acid.’
- ‘Thus, the enzymes nicotinic acid mononucleotide adenylyltransferase and NAD synthetase are essential for growth of E. coli (coded for by the genes nadD and nadE, respectively).’
- ‘Because of its ability to cause large reductions in circulating levels of cholesterol, nicotinic acid is used to treat Type II, III, IV and V hyperlipoproteinemias.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.