One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of nicotinic acid.
- ‘For nicotinate hydroxylase assays, cnxE strains were first crossed to a mutant in the structural gene encoding xanthine dehydrogenase to generate cnxE hxA1 double mutants.’
- ‘We have included in our review only rubefacients (salicylate and nicotinate esters).’
- ‘Another article in the same issue reviews evidence for efficacy of counterirritants containing salicylate and nicotinate esters in relieving acute or chronic pain.’
- ‘Methyl nicotinate is a potent vasodilator that has been used topically as a counter-irritant (this accounts for the immediate response experienced by the user).’
- ‘The most popular complexed form is chromium picolinate, although chromium nicotinate and chromium citrate are also used as nutritional supplements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.