One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A salt or ester of nicotinic acid.
- ‘Another article in the same issue reviews evidence for efficacy of counterirritants containing salicylate and nicotinate esters in relieving acute or chronic pain.’
- ‘We have included in our review only rubefacients (salicylate and nicotinate esters).’
- ‘For nicotinate hydroxylase assays, cnxE strains were first crossed to a mutant in the structural gene encoding xanthine dehydrogenase to generate cnxE hxA1 double mutants.’
- ‘The most popular complexed form is chromium picolinate, although chromium nicotinate and chromium citrate are also used as nutritional supplements.’
- ‘Methyl nicotinate is a potent vasodilator that has been used topically as a counter-irritant (this accounts for the immediate response experienced by the user).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.