One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for German silver
- ‘Often the spoons were stored and displayed in special vaselike spoon holders called troncs de comptoir (literally, trunks for the counter of a bar), usually made of pewter or copper-plated nickel silver.’
- ‘Sulfur is a harmful impurity in copper-nickel or nickel silver alloys.’
- ‘Other individual metals and metal alloys such as nickel silver, copper, and scrap silver were less commonly used.’
- ‘Nearly all were made of electroplated brass, copper, or nickel silver (a white metal alloy).’
- ‘These alloys, also known as nickel silver, are difficult to melt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.