One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Covered with a thin layer of nickel.‘the base is made of nickel-plated copper’
- ‘It was a nickel-plated revolver.’
- ‘The cooler is largely made from nickel-plated copper.’
- ‘Grasping a big nickel-plated teapot with both hands, he poured some strong tea into a tin mug.’
- ‘The entire lever cap is nickel-plated.’
- ‘It was a revolver, probably nickel-plated too, judging by the shine of the frame.’
- ‘A set of quality snap caps, usually nickel-plated, has traditionally graced the case of every fine double shotgun.’
- ‘The cabinet is a nickel-plated steel frame.’
- ‘These screwdrivers were nickel-plated and had rosewood handles.’
- ‘The pipes are nickel-plated copper, designed to prevent corrosion.’
- ‘He had been involved in the development of a data storage device using a thin nickel-plated wire.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.