One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small, specialized market for a particular product or service.‘the product is very much aimed at a niche market’
- ‘European cinema may be something of a niche market, unlikely to yield high returns.’
- ‘You may achieve a niche market, but I think what you want is a mainstream product with some substantial results.’
- ‘They specialize in niche markets where individuality is more important than mass production.’
- ‘Small growers are finding a viable niche market producing hot peppers.’
- ‘Horror is a great genre for beginning film directors because it is a niche market.’
- ‘We can do well in these new niche markets.’
- ‘Many producers like the idea of selling products to niche markets.’
- ‘I think the business will survive in select niche markets.’
- ‘The organic market, once a niche market, is gradually becoming more mainstream.’
- ‘Initially the new technology may have high costs associated with it and serve only small niche markets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.