One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being nice; pleasantness.‘her sheer niceness won her many friends’
pleasantness, friendliness, agreeableness, charm, amiability, affability, kindness, decency, geniality, cordiality, warmth, sympathy, understanding, compassionpoliteness, courtesy, civility, gentility, refinement, respectabilityView synonyms
- ‘‘It just makes you feel taller,’ says Forrest, who notes that niceness and kindness are often confused.’
- ‘She just has an affability about her and a niceness about her that permeates everything she does.’
- ‘Her determination, dedication and sheer niceness won her many friends.’
- ‘Anthony's niceness and kindness acts as a catalyst on the other kids.’
- ‘We did little to help him and, charmed by McGrath's niceness, we protected him and allowed him to get away with it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.