One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being nice; pleasantness.‘her sheer niceness won her many friends’
pleasantness, friendliness, agreeableness, charm, amiability, affability, kindness, decency, geniality, cordiality, warmth, sympathy, understanding, compassionpoliteness, courtesy, civility, gentility, refinement, respectabilityView synonyms
- ‘We did little to help him and, charmed by McGrath's niceness, we protected him and allowed him to get away with it.’
- ‘Her determination, dedication and sheer niceness won her many friends.’
- ‘She just has an affability about her and a niceness about her that permeates everything she does.’
- ‘Anthony's niceness and kindness acts as a catalyst on the other kids.’
- ‘‘It just makes you feel taller,’ says Forrest, who notes that niceness and kindness are often confused.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.