One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A polite formula used on being introduced to someone.
- ‘As you shake hands, repeat the person's name to lock it into your memory: ‘Hi, Tiffany, so nice to meet you!’’
- ‘I nodded and made the polite response, ‘It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Scotia.’’
- ‘‘It's nice to meet you,’ she said with all the anger out of her voice.’
- ‘‘It's nice to meet you, Gavin,’ I smiled; I couldn't seem to stop smiling at that moment.’
- ‘‘Hey Geoff, nice to meet you,’ Gabe said, extending his hand towards him.’
- ‘He sticks out his hand out towards Ella, ‘Hi, I'm Shaun, Adam's cousin, nice to meet you.’’
- ‘‘It's nice to meet you also,’ Alcott said, reaching for Harry's hand.’
- ‘Well my reply is, I don't know James - and it is nice to meet you, by the way - but everyone says he is skeptical.’
- ‘‘It's nice to meet you too,’ Ally replied, trying not to be overwhelmed by Pam's presence.’
- ‘‘Hi, nice to meet you,’ Lizzie said nodding, although she wasn't looking at them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.