One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Pleasing to the eye; attractive.‘he was a nice-looking guy’‘nice-looking houses’
attractive, beautiful, pretty, as pretty as a picture, handsome, lovely, stunning, striking, arresting, gorgeous, prepossessing, winning, fetching, captivating, bewitching, beguiling, engaging, charming, charismatic, enchanting, appealing, delightful, irresistibleView synonyms
- ‘The restaurant is, as would be expected, really nice-looking.’
- ‘I opened the door to be greeted by a rather tall, nice-looking man wearing a pair of tattered jeans and jacket.’
- ‘But yes, it's a nice-looking room but appearances can be deceiving.’
- ‘He asked if she had a boyfriend and said she was nice-looking.’
- ‘He wasn't drop-dead gorgeous, but he was nice-looking.’
- ‘Wearing nice-looking sneakers with jeans or any other type of sporty pants looks amazing, not to mention that it's extremely comfortable.’
- ‘In fact, he is a nice-looking, well-dressed, articulate English professor.’
- ‘First they had someone design a nice-looking label for the bottle they were going to use.’
- ‘Despite the lack of extras, the movie is nice-looking, inoffensive fun, and a welcome addition to any DVD library.’
- ‘In fact, do we need even half of the nice-looking gadgets in this book?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.