One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for nirvana
- ‘There are speculations about good and evil and about nibbana.’
- ‘This extract from the ‘Buddha's Path ’, by the Triple Gem Press, provides a useful contrast between nibbana and notions of heaven and God.’
- ‘I once heard someone say that she didn't recognise her own husband when practicing - she was very pleased with this as she believed it meant she was close to nibbana.’
- ‘There can certainly be wise cloned humans, as well as foolish ones, ones that can follow the Dhamma and attain nibbana, ones that will have no interest, and so on.’
- ‘A person who both meditates and possesses wisdom is close to nibbana.’
Pali nibbāna, from Sanskrit nirvāṇa (see nirvana).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.