One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A service transmitting the latest news stories via satellite, the Internet, etc.
- ‘Between all the cable channels, talk radio stations, newswires, morning DJs, and blogs, our news is less trustworthy than ever.’
- ‘We search Department of Defence film and photo galleries, same for the networks news and newswires.’
- ‘Arroyo, who is in Japan for a four-day visit which started Wednesday, was speaking before a roundtable interview with several major Japanese newspapers and newswires including Kyodo News.’
- ‘Then, while I was trawling the newswires for suitable stories to include in the headline-links section of this column, I came across this commentary from Chris Barton over at the Herald.’
- ‘In the past, as the headliner for its weekly fashion package, Scripps Howard News Service newswire distributed FOCUS ON STYLE to nearly 400 daily newspapers and websites.’
- ‘Nada told the newswire that he had sent about 30 formal requests for Google to remove copyright material before taking legal action.’
- ‘The newswire's sources suggest IBM is currently in negotiations with the CFIUS to seek ways to allay the committee's fears.’
- ‘Vodafone will not appeal the ruling of the Swedish telco regulator, the PTS, that it must stick to the December 2003 deadline of rolling out 3G coverage across the country, newswires report.’
- ‘Now Philips, the Dutch electronics company which oversees just who can and can't use the name and logo, have also come to the same conclusion and has voiced its concerns in a story carried by Reuters and several other newswires.’
- ‘You should note that footage from the major networks and newswires can be very expensive for use in a video game, easily over $1, 000 for 30 seconds of footage.’
- ‘You submit your release to a newswire and they distribute your news to thousands of journalists and editors on their database.’
- ‘A lengthy Sun presentation briefly popped up on a company web site and was spotted by a trade newswire.’
- ‘Since earlier mining accidents were disclosed by Internet sources, now the official newswire Xinhua runs to bring that kind of news immediately.’
- ‘We have over 100 workstations on the network that are all capable of video and audio editing, accessing newswires, etc., plus standard office modules.’
- ‘This allows a writer to post a story directly to the newswire from his or her own computer, without going through an editor.’
- ‘A recent review of the newswires netted more than 15 press releases announcing contract awards.’
- ‘For news, local reports still dominate, but sites have increasingly offered other content, including archives, national news and newswires.’
- ‘Suggestions that Sony is no longer exclusively dealing with Intel, its traditional CPU partner, emerged earlier this month when a Sony staffer leaked the news to Japanese newswires.’
- ‘The newswire also reveals the service will be a separate, downloadable application and won't be bundled into Windows Media Player.’
- ‘As many as 26 Dow-Jones newswires were available on Reuters services by the end of 1999.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.