One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An organization that collects news items and distributes them to newspapers or broadcasters.
- ‘The ITAR-Tass news agency reported that there were as many as 100 people in the building at the time of the blast.’
- ‘He was eventually jailed for two years in 1997 for sending threatening letters to a Scottish newspaper and news agency.’
- ‘A news agency recently reported you as the spiritual adviser to His Holiness the Dalai Lama.’
- ‘That was denied today by the Press Association, the national news agency which covered the press conference.’
- ‘Chris, you work for the major news agency in the world, the Associated Press, the wire service.’
- ‘The event was reported by no less than a reporter for the official news agency.’
- ‘The news agency itself wrongly identified its source, a major national newspaper, as The Jakarta Post.’
- ‘The item was deleted after a news agency reported its existence.’
- ‘The news agency had sourced the story to the Public Relations Directorate of the Royal Nepalese Army.’
- ‘The Russian news agency ITAR-Tass reported that Massood had also died.’
- ‘Its best example is Reuters, a news agency which it says produces the equivalent of 10,000 CDs of information every day.’
- ‘Though she barely spoke English, she did have a degree in journalism and a year's experience working at a Kabul news agency.’
- ‘The funny thing is that New China News Agency is the major news agency in China, it is the news agency in China.’
- ‘Police were searching for two men believed to be involved in the explosion, the ITAR-Tass news agency reported.’
- ‘The blast came when a bomb exploded outside a shop in the main market of Khost City, the Pakistan-based news agency said.’
- ‘An unnamed employee in the building told the news agency Efe the blast was so powerful it shook the edifice and felt like an earthquake.’
- ‘She previously worked as a reporter for a sports news agency, supplying newspapers and magazines with articles.’
- ‘He was hospitalised in stable condition, the national news agency Bernama reported.’
- ‘The water level exceeded 60 cm in some places, the Bulgarian news agency reported.’
- ‘The German news agency Dpa reports that Kurds have to pay again for further transportation once they arrive in Italy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.