One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They did two new songs (well, newish as they've done them before on a Radio Scotland session) and they're excellent - I recommend the unbelievably good What Women Do To Men.’
- ‘Since last year, though, lovers of Texas-style cookery, that very different smoked meat, can find a culinary haven in Mesquite, a newish restaurant on Décarie.’
- ‘Enter the newish euphemism for activist art, ‘tactical media.’’
- ‘It was the second big audience of the week for a newish (third series) program after the $1.92 million pulled on Tuesday night with Dancing with the Stars.’
- ‘While they may seem like newish arrivals, they are now in their 40s and began working together in 1986 after studying at the Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.