One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was the second big audience of the week for a newish (third series) program after the $1.92 million pulled on Tuesday night with Dancing with the Stars.’
- ‘They did two new songs (well, newish as they've done them before on a Radio Scotland session) and they're excellent - I recommend the unbelievably good What Women Do To Men.’
- ‘Enter the newish euphemism for activist art, ‘tactical media.’’
- ‘While they may seem like newish arrivals, they are now in their 40s and began working together in 1986 after studying at the Rietveld Academie in Amsterdam.’
- ‘Since last year, though, lovers of Texas-style cookery, that very different smoked meat, can find a culinary haven in Mesquite, a newish restaurant on Décarie.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.