One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (a person or thing) New Zealand in character.‘they seemed intent on New Zealandising the rest of the world’
- ‘The 'New Zealandising' of the myth of military superiority began in 1860.’
- ‘We must New Zealandize this country, and we now have a good start.’
- ‘If test procedures cannot be standardised in line with international practice then they can be "New Zealandised" with appropriate justification.’
- ‘Joint ventures are expected to New Zealandise their operations.’
- ‘She is involved in consulting projects and in New Zealandising products.’
- ‘They acknowledge the difficulties of 'New Zealandising' deepwater operations.’
- ‘He urged that America should 'New Zealandize itself'.’
- ‘There was an active campaign to "New Zealandize" America.’
- ‘They could import foreign crews but this would do little for New Zealandising the industry.’
- ‘It was an attempt to New Zealandize an epic Australian novel by simply adding Maoris.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.