One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make (a person or thing) New Zealand in character.‘they seemed intent on New Zealandising the rest of the world’
- ‘It was an attempt to New Zealandize an epic Australian novel by simply adding Maoris.’
- ‘They acknowledge the difficulties of 'New Zealandising' deepwater operations.’
- ‘He urged that America should 'New Zealandize itself'.’
- ‘Joint ventures are expected to New Zealandise their operations.’
- ‘They could import foreign crews but this would do little for New Zealandising the industry.’
- ‘There was an active campaign to "New Zealandize" America.’
- ‘She is involved in consulting projects and in New Zealandising products.’
- ‘The 'New Zealandising' of the myth of military superiority began in 1860.’
- ‘We must New Zealandize this country, and we now have a good start.’
- ‘If test procedures cannot be standardised in line with international practice then they can be "New Zealandised" with appropriate justification.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.