One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strong waterproof rug for a horse, used during the winter.
- ‘Then came New Zealand rugs which weighed a tonne and took 4 days to dry.’
- ‘Rumor has it that he was the one to take the concept of hind leg straps from New Zealand rugs and add them to horse blankets.’
- ‘Not too long ago heavy, stiff fabrics - such as waxed canvas-made New Zealand rugs and jute - were the norm.’
- ‘I have just bought him a New Zealand rug as I am worried he is not producing enough grease to keep himself warm.’
- ‘Mrs Grooby presented a New Zealand rug with a ‘poutama’ pattern to the National President.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.