One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Maori from New Zealand, especially as distinguished from a Maori of the Cook Islands.‘he told a group of New Zealand Maori that their presence was significant’
- ‘After leaving the Navy he decided to investigate his own background - which also led him to find out more about New Zealand Maori.’
- ‘The reporter looked into the high number of New Zealand Maori moving to Australia, to find out whether the "land of opportunity" was all they had hoped.’
- ‘How about a team of combined indigenous/islanders, like the New Zealand Maori?’
- ‘The practice of tattooing remains strong among New Zealand Maori and receiving a customary design is still regarded as an important step on the passage to manhood in Samoa.’
- ‘The New Zealand Maori population opened up 'language nests' run by elders who teach nursery school-aged children how to speak their native language.’
- ‘This mask uses the power of manuka honey, a traditional remedy of the New Zealand Maori people, to draw moisture to the skin and intensely hydrate it.’
- ‘The 12 photographs in the calendar and the exhibition feature prominent New Zealand Maori figures such as singer-songwriter Maisey Rika.’
- ‘He has denied saying New Zealand Maori should self-govern after the issue of sovereignty was raised at Waitangi Day commemorations.’
- ‘An astonishing variety of events will be held throughout the country, which the New Zealand Maori Tourism Council will promote in brochures, advertising and an online national events calendar.’
- ‘We're assuming the New Zealand Maori Council is unsuccessful in its challenge to the planned sale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.