One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A man who rejects sexist attitudes and the traditional male role, especially in the context of domestic responsibilities and childcare.‘he is the epitome of a new man, leaving the office to arrive home in time to bath his daughter’
- ‘Even the newest of new men likes to do the hunting.’
- ‘During the week and between parental visits most of the blokes here are or are tending towards becoming new men, sharing household and family tasks equally and equably.’
- ‘Particularly as the children all came from families where the husbands were new men and did the cooking and changed nappies, and the women held down professional jobs.’
- ‘One woman, a partner in an international professional services firm, was not unusual in pointing out that all the close men in her life were ‘nurturing’ types or new men.’
- ‘Bly laid the foundations of a new men's movement, distributed New Warrior News and wrote Iron John, which became a bestseller.’
- ‘For every sprinkling of new men, there are hundreds of thousands who aren't.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.