A style of women's clothing introduced in 1947 by Christian Dior, featuring calf-length full skirts and a generous use of material in contrast to wartime austerity.
- ‘The refeminization of woman was proclaimed in February 1947 when Christian Dior launched his New Look.’
- ‘John Galliano celebrated the 100th anniversary of Christian Dior's birth by recreating a lot the old looks, such as the looks from the New Look circa 1947.’
- ‘Following Dior's New Look in 1947 hair styles changed to short ‘Urchin’ cuts in 1948.’
- ‘Think of Dior's New Look, or Marilyn, with her man-trapping 22-inch waist.’
- ‘The Dior scent Miss Dior Cherie is a modern interpretation of the original Miss Dior fragrance created by the couturier himself in 1947, the year the iconic New Look was introduced.’