One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of women's clothing introduced in 1947 by Christian Dior, featuring calf-length full skirts and a generous use of material in contrast to wartime austerity.
- ‘Think of Dior's New Look, or Marilyn, with her man-trapping 22-inch waist.’
- ‘Following Dior's New Look in 1947 hair styles changed to short ‘Urchin’ cuts in 1948.’
- ‘John Galliano celebrated the 100th anniversary of Christian Dior's birth by recreating a lot the old looks, such as the looks from the New Look circa 1947.’
- ‘The refeminization of woman was proclaimed in February 1947 when Christian Dior launched his New Look.’
- ‘The Dior scent Miss Dior Cherie is a modern interpretation of the original Miss Dior fragrance created by the couturier himself in 1947, the year the iconic New Look was introduced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.