One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A recent immigrant to Australia, especially one from Europe.
- ‘However a move in South Australia to change or anglicise New Australians' names was strongly resisted.’
- ‘It told the Australian people to call the migrants New Australians and it set up the Good Neighbour Council which arranged for old Australians to help the new Australians settle in.’
- ‘We did in fact change the way in which we talked about refugees or migrants or New Australians.’
- ‘His diploma was not recognised, so he worked as a wharfie in Fremantle - a typical initiation for an over-qualified New Australian.’
- ‘This is also an Australia where the New Australians are encouraged to hold their festivals publicly and get the community involved.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.