One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A neutrophilic white blood cell.
- ‘This removal of apoptotic neutrophils by macrophage phagocytosis is a critical process for the resolution of inflammation.’
- ‘Of particular interest was phagocytosis of platelets by neutrophils.’
- ‘Necrotic material admixed with neutrophils and erythrocytes was present in the background.’
- ‘Macrophages, lymphocytes, neutrophils, and eosinophils were counted.’
- ‘A variety of white blood cells called neutrophils contain elastase, an enzyme that can digest elastin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.