Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The central area of an ice-hockey rink, lying between the two blue lines.
- ‘The Lightning aggressively forecheck two men, taking away the D-to-D pass - even deploying the weak-side winger in denying the off side defenseman the puck in the neutral zone.’
- ‘He will have to address his impact on the forecheck, in the neutral zone and in the faceoff circle.’
- ‘Scott Niedermayer gliding effortlessly with the puck through the neutral zone.’
- ‘And then in the neutral zone with the puck, he just shakes his head a little and he's by you.’
- ‘He steals pucks constantly in the neutral zone, leading to breakaway goals and oddman rushes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.