One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The central area of an ice-hockey rink, lying between the two blue lines.
- ‘He steals pucks constantly in the neutral zone, leading to breakaway goals and oddman rushes.’
- ‘The Lightning aggressively forecheck two men, taking away the D-to-D pass - even deploying the weak-side winger in denying the off side defenseman the puck in the neutral zone.’
- ‘He will have to address his impact on the forecheck, in the neutral zone and in the faceoff circle.’
- ‘Scott Niedermayer gliding effortlessly with the puck through the neutral zone.’
- ‘And then in the neutral zone with the puck, he just shakes his head a little and he's by you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.