One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A poison which acts on the nervous system.
- ‘Once the bacteria are in the body, they produce a neurotoxin (a protein that acts as a poison to the body's nervous system) known as tetanospasmin that causes muscle spasms.’
- ‘Botulinum toxin is a potent neurotoxin that blocks the cholinergic nerve terminals.’
- ‘Polypeptide neurotoxins act as competitive antagonists and include the venoms from snakes of the Elapidae (cobras, kraits, mambas, coral snakes, etc.) and Hydrophidae (sea snakes) families.’
- ‘Tetanus infection can cause production of a neurotoxin, leading to tetanic muscle contractions.’
- ‘Children experience developmental problems caused by unseen risks such as known carcinogens and neurotoxins like lead, mercury and pesticides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.