Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The surgical cutting of a nerve to produce sensory loss and relief of pain or to suppress involuntary movements.
- ‘The apparatus is especially suited for use with and during the radial optic neurotomy procedure.’
- ‘If the pain does recur, a second neurotomy can be performed, and similar results will usually be achieved.’
- ‘A facet neurotomy involves destroying the nerves that relay pain messages from the facet joints.’
- ‘The info I have read on presacral neurotomy seems to show it is most effective for pain in the mid pelvic region.’
- ‘This tissue hypo-oxygenation was significantly reduced in sections from sildenafil treated rats at 1 and 5 days after neurotomy, while at 10 days this reduction was less evident and not significant.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.