One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The surgical cutting of a nerve to produce sensory loss and relief of pain or to suppress involuntary movements.
- ‘The apparatus is especially suited for use with and during the radial optic neurotomy procedure.’
- ‘The info I have read on presacral neurotomy seems to show it is most effective for pain in the mid pelvic region.’
- ‘If the pain does recur, a second neurotomy can be performed, and similar results will usually be achieved.’
- ‘A facet neurotomy involves destroying the nerves that relay pain messages from the facet joints.’
- ‘This tissue hypo-oxygenation was significantly reduced in sections from sildenafil treated rats at 1 and 5 days after neurotomy, while at 10 days this reduction was less evident and not significant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.