Any or all of the sciences, such as neurochemistry and experimental psychology, which deal with the structure or function of the nervous system and brain.‘the company's research areas include the neurosciences’mass noun ‘Europe's largest centre for neuroscience’
- ‘Following regionalization, Capital Health employed her as program director of cardiac sciences and neurosciences at UAH and Royal Alexandra Hospital.’
- ‘Some of the problems that we've been dealing with in the neurosciences and the cognitive sciences concerns the initial state of the organism.’
- ‘This Institute brings together for the first time the basic neurosciences with psychiatry and neurology to investigate the fundamental neuronal basis of mental illness.’
- ‘The scientific study of the brain and nervous system is called neuroscience or neurobiology.’
- ‘Moreover, basic neuroscience and clinical neurology ranked at the top of the list for difficulty in learning and complexity.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.