Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any or all of the sciences, such as neurochemistry and experimental psychology, which deal with the structure or function of the nervous system and brain:‘the company's research areas include the neurosciences’[mass noun] ‘Europe's largest centre for neuroscience’
- ‘Following regionalization, Capital Health employed her as program director of cardiac sciences and neurosciences at UAH and Royal Alexandra Hospital.’
- ‘The scientific study of the brain and nervous system is called neuroscience or neurobiology.’
- ‘Moreover, basic neuroscience and clinical neurology ranked at the top of the list for difficulty in learning and complexity.’
- ‘Some of the problems that we've been dealing with in the neurosciences and the cognitive sciences concerns the initial state of the organism.’
- ‘This Institute brings together for the first time the basic neurosciences with psychiatry and neurology to investigate the fundamental neuronal basis of mental illness.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.